The 0.9.6-1 maintenance upgrade contains bug fixes, installation/upgrade changes, and performance enhancements to our BetterCPU, BetterIO, BetterMySQL and BetterBandwidth features. To upgrade your current BetterLinux Beta installation, please follow these steps:
Upgrade from BL version 0.9.4 and newer (cPanel and non-cPanel)
$ wget http://repo.betterlinux.com/utilities/enable-betterlinux-repos
$ chmod 755 enable-betterlinux-repos
First Time Installation (cPanel server)
For quick installation and updates, use the pre-built package for CentOS 6.0-6.3. Packages for other popular Linux distributions are coming soon.
Basic installation instructions:
betterlinux cpanel install
tar –xvf betterlinux-cpanel-install-*
tar –xvf betterlinux-install-*
Unpacking the tarballs will create the directory .../betterlinux-install. Move the license.key file into the betterlinux-install directory.
CPU and IO throttling limits have been auto-configured and are now running on your system. If you want to make throttling limit changes, please refer to our online documentation. http://docs.betterlinux.com
See other installation options: http://docs.betterlinux.com/wiki/Main_Page#Installation
0.9.6 release includes:
- New and improved blstats (top like BetterLinux monitor) with stats pages for I/O, CPU, and Bandwidth:
See documentation for use here: http://docs.betterlinux.com/wiki/Main_Page#Monitoring_Tools
- I/O throttilng bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- CPU throttling bug fixes and performance enhancements. This version also includes a new auto-jail-scaling feature that will automatically detects the number of jails to spin up and down. If you would prefer to fix the number of jail cores, add the jail_cnt and jail_max_cnt parameters back into the /etc/betterlinux/cpud.conf.d/betterlinux-cpud.conf file.
- BetterBandwidth bug fixes. On a new installation, running the bl-cpanel-install script will prompt the user for a bandwidth limit (this is per user) and the interface (i.e. eth0 or eth1). Once the questions are answered, the script will continue and auto configure the BetterBandwidth feature.
- Continued support for the latest versions of MySQL.